If we were to choose the most important part of Pirates of the Burning Sea™, without question it would be all about our community. In recognition of that fact, Flying Lab Software chooses to spotlight the amazing contributions of our community members. Read below to learn more about the incredible people that make the Pirates of the Burning Sea™ community an incredible place to belong.
"I began to make sails and flags for people on the Flag and Sail Requests thread on the forums. And I also just tried to help out where I could. I was then lucky enough to receive an invite to the 2D Steering Committee."
—Simonalex, February 2011 Community Spotlight
Nominate the next Community Spotlight winner!
|Table of Contents|
What is the Community Spotlight?
The most important aspect of any MMO, especially Pirates of the Burning Sea, is the community. We're often impressed with things people to do to make the game better for others, so we use the Community Spotlight as a way to recognize those people.
The Community Spotlight is a way for the community to give a nod to players who stand out from the crowd. People chosen for the Spotlight are interviewed and also immortalized in the game (usually, through an NPC reflecting the contributions the Spotlight recipient has made).
How do I nominate someone?
If you know of someone who has made an awesome contribution to the community, simply fill out this ballot with your nominee's name and the reason you think we should choose your nominee. Please bear in mind that since these are nominations and not votes, nominating the same person over and over again will not improve their chances.
Make sure you give us a clear reason why you think your nominee deserves a spotlight, backed up by examples (for example, links to threads, game guides, websites).
What qualities does FLS look for?
When we're looking for someone to be a Spotlight recipient, we take into consideration the following factors:
- Positive effect on the community—obviously, we are looking for someone who makes the whole community better by being a part of it.
- Tangible contributions—we like to recognize players who have contributed something to the community, whether that means websites, guides, ship designs, events, podcasts, etc.
- Positive attitude—our community is based around having fun. People we choose will reflect that attitude.
- January 2011: JW Santhem
- December 2010: Kit Williams
- November 2010: Bennet
- September 2010: Paul Kingtiger
- August 2010: Jon Smith-Tank
- July 2010: Urbert Le Danois
- June 2010: JeuxOnLine PotBS
- May 2010: Kerrilyn
- April 2010: Sadet
- March 2010: Elessaria
- February 2010: Remus
- December 2009: silentknight509
- May 2009: awitelintsta
- February 2009: Havohej
- December 2008: FlyingPom
- October 2008: Adythiel
- August 2008: Toshiro
- July 2008: ArmEagle
- June 2008: Xaphod
- May 2008: Valeroth
- January 2008: Dpi209
- November 2007: mabdegonian
- March 2007: Danicia