Release notes for Build 22.214.171.124
This milestone build introduces several news ships, and includes significant changes to existing ships and captain skills. We have also added the ability for you to sell your User Content Flags and Sails, as well as many other new features, changes and bug fixes detailed below.
Release Notes for build 126.96.36.199 are here.
Differences between 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 include but are not limited to:
- Added new rated ships: The Victory and the Indomitable (First Rates), Formidable and Sceptre (Second Rates), and the Lion (Third Rate).
- Added the Santa Rosa, a Privateer refit for the San Fernando
- Added The Marauder Pirate Ship
- There have been tuning changes to many ships
- Insurance has been updated on many ships
- The Treason can now be used by Cutthroats
- See this devlog for some more information about ship changes in this milestone
Skills:There have been numerous skill changes:
- Guardian: Removed bonus to DR, added +5% to armor resistance, removed mast DR, increased cooldown to 120 seconds. Resistance from Guardian is now universal rather than just affecting armor
- Focused Fire: -6 DR modifier changed to -25% armor resistance
- Invincible: Sets your resistance to 50% instead of making you invulnerable, lowered cooldown from 30m to 10m. Reduced morale cost to 30.
- Final Defense: Renamed to ‘Final Offense’. Instead of preventing sinking, this skill now provides a very large reload bonus and damage bonus for 5 seconds but is only usable when you are at less than 15% structure
- Break Morale: Removed stun effect. Break Morale now reduces your target’s morale by 50
- Plug Leaks: +6 DR bonus changed to +25% armor resistance
- Target Weakness: -2 DR modifier changed to -10% armor resistance
- Cripple Enemy: -3 DR modifier changed to -12% armor resistance
- Too Mean to Die: Sets resistance to 50% instead of making you invulnerable, lowered cooldown from 30m to 10m. Reduced morale cost to 30.
- Plug Leaks: +2 DR bonus changed to +10% armor resistance
- Expert Repairs: +2 DR bonus changed to +10% armor resistance, removed mast DR, added 5% mast and structure resistance
- Misdirection: Instead of making you immune to attacks, this skill now reduces the attack range of all nearby enemies by 75%, reduced cooldown from 30m to 10m
- Rebuild Rig: Removed mast DR, increased mast resistance from 10% to 15%, increased acceleration from 10% to 15%
- Survival Instincts: +4 DR bonus changed to 15% armor resistance. Removed mast DR and armor resistance, added universal 10% resistance, reduced duration to 30 seconds
- Jugular: -0.2 DR/hit modifier changed to -1% armor resistance/hit, duration shortened from 1m15s to 1m
- Break Formation: Instead of applying a turn stun for 7s, this skill now applies a -75% turn rate for 15s, reduced range from 500yd to 250yd. Reduced cooldown from 8 minutes to 6 minutes
- Replaced Reinforce Ally for the Buccaneer and Freetrader with Provision Ally, which sends a longboat out that repairs 25% of your target’s armor and 20% of their sails when it reaches them
- Cut Shroud: Added a 20% damage bonus and increased debuff from -25% to -30% max speed
- Entangling Shot: Added a 10% damage bonus
- Improvise Sails: Removed mast DR, increased mast damage resistance from 10% to 20%, added 5% speed bonus
- Death’s Embrace: Increased debuff from -10% damage resistance to -12% damage resistance
- Career Base: Added +1 defense
- Overload Sails: 20% chance of suffering 30% sail damage and 80% chance of +22% max speed
- Scavenge Parts: Usable on derelicts, repairs 15% armor, structure, and sails
- Tack Downwind: Toggle. +2% downwind sailing speed for -10 max morale
- Overcharge Guns: +10% damage attack, 2m30s cooldown
- Organize Shot Locker: Buff. +5% reload speed for 30s, 4 minute cooldown
- Target Officers: Debuff. -3% turn rate for 30s, 3m cooldown
- Carefully Packed Cargo: Passive, +2% OS speed
- Added recipe book for Launch (the item consumed by Provision Ally skill) and added book to loot drop tables.
- Freetraders who complete the mission Signed In Blood will now receive a non-tradable recipe book for the Launch as well as the Provision Ally skill
- Buccaneer players who select the Provision Ally skill on the Command line will receive a non-tradable recipe book for the Launch
- Added a refit item for the Santa Rosa and added it to the 3 national MoV exchange shops
- Added the refit for the Santa Rosa to the Privateer refit exchange
- Added the Writ for the Centurion to the Privateer and Pirate Commendation Exchanges
- Added the Writ for the Lion to the Naval Officer and Freetrader Commendation Exchanges
- Added the Writ for the HMC to the Pirate and Naval Officer Commendation Exchanges
- Removed all LSB requirements from ship recipes
- Lineship Structure Bundles can now be traded for Unpackable Lineship Structure Bundles at the Refit Exchange shops. This allows you to unpack an LSB into its component materials
- Added level restrictions to Expert recipes used by Recruitment Offices
- Added level restrictions to Mining Camps and Recruitment Offices
- Added level restrictions to mining, wood harvesting, and unrest bundle creation
- Salvaging Supplies are now tradable
- Added recipe for common wood planks for use in tutorial as a replacement for oak planks
- Players who have the Provision Ally skill (either Freetrader or Buccaneer) and do not have the recipe or recipe book for creating Launches will receive that recipe when they log in
- Increased labor costs for base ships with colossal hulls
- Removed Lineship Structure Bundle recipe
- Lineship Components:
- Added Lineship Crews to national CoC exchanges.
- Added Lineship Provisions and Colossal Anchor Capstan to National MoV/MoT exchanges.
- Added Keels to Treasure Aisle.
- Added Guido Galilei’s Binnacle, Captain Heisenberg’s Steering Mechanism, and Geoff Leibniz’s Bilge Pump as loot drops from the rare Fairfax Pirates.
- Added the Whale Skeleton (Marauder component) as a rare drop from the Dread Saints
- Added recipes for new ship components
- Added the Tutorial Skill Pack as a reward for the tutorial mission.
- The economy tutorial now has you create common wood instead of oak
- Players who have completed the tutorial but do not have the Tutorial Skills will receive a package that provides those skills when used
- Removed the DR bonus from all sizes of Neptunus Equestris in all 5 sizes, increased armor resistance bonus by 4%
- Maximum boarding speed has been reduced from 6 knots to 4 knots
- You can now set permissions on individual Society Warehouses
- The “Valid Skills” tab is now shown by default in skill shops
- Renamed “Medium Society Warehouse” to “Society Warehouse”
- The Victory and the Indomitable have been added to the list of ships that award the “Royal Shipwright” title when constructed
- Added a new “Titles” tab and populated it with some RMT-only titles
- Added four new Captain’s Club exclusive titles – one for each nation
- Added a new “Flags & Sails” tab. You can now sell your User Content Flags and Sails to other players
- Added a Society Starter Pack that includes a Society Charter, a Society Warehouse Deed, and 10x Loot Book (2HRs)
- Added a bundle of all 4 lineship recipe books
- Added the Writ for the Lion
- Attackers in boarding combat can now retreat to their own vessel using the anchor object on their end of the boarded ship.
- If you retreat from or fail at boarding you will be stunned for 20 seconds.
- Removed the minus buttons from the Infrastructure, Weapon Stockpile and Fortifications sliders in the Port Governor UI.
Player vs Player Combat
- Activated level limiter: You may no longer attack players who are 20 or more levels below you, regardless of group strength
- Fixed the icon dislay of User Content Flags and Sails.
- User Content item names were not displaying utf8 characters correctly. Fixed.
- You are now less likely to lose items that you had just purchsed in the event of a server crash.
- Avatar Combat animations now work when a player has been muted in chat
- Item icons sometimes show a sail texture instead of a shadow
- The User Content flag on the Marauder animates incorrectly
- You can still buy LSBs from the CoC exchange