Society Warehouses, In Deed
The first iteration of Society Warehouses is about to hit Test Server as part of our initial 2.10 push! We are really excited to finally be able to deliver this promised feature. I’m going to get straight to how they work, since I’m sure that’s the biggest question on captains’ minds.
Society Warehouses will work much like the warehouses we’ve all come to know and love, with a couple of notable exceptions:
- A Society may have multiple Society Warehouses in a single port. Each warehouse is accessed via selecting it from a drop-down menu in the Economy window while in the port containing the warehouse(s).
- Anyone with the right permission (set in the Society’s Roles UI) can access the contents of a Society Warehouse, including depositing and withdrawing goods.
We are going to apply some more polish and also add some new features in later 2.10 patches before this milestone hits the live servers.
Here are a few things to note when giving feedback on the current iteration:
- All Society members can currently view all of their Society’s warehouses, and add, remove, or use items stored in them. In future 2.10 builds we are going to add more granular permission controls (another devlog on this topic will arrive when that change is about to hit Test Server.)
- This build does not contain stack limits to Society Warehouses. Stack limits will be implemented before they go to Live.
- You cannot currently see or access Society Warehouses in ports other than the one you are actually in. This should change in the next build we push to Test Server.
- Society Warehouses and Warehouses currently use the same icon in the Economy window. A new icon will soon replace the Society Warehouse icon in order to differentiate the two in the Economy UI.
- You may receive an error message about “invalid roles” immediately upon logging in. This message can safely be ignored, but if you do see some oddities in your society member list, you can log out of the game (without closing the client) and log back in to resolve it.
Please jump on Test Server and take them for a spin! On Test Server only, you can buy deeds for doubloons from the Treasure Aisle Item Test Shop located on the Port Captain.
We look forward to your feedback!